Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What kind of photographer are you??

I often ask myself this exact question!  Actually someone asked me today and I stumbled a little bit and said a "life style photographer".  I am still finding myself as a photographer and I am morphing into a photographer that really just likes to capture life 
"un-posed" 
and as it is happening at the moment.

I think this sums up what kind of photographer I am becoming... 

A cross eyed, 

purple cowgirl hat wearing, 

ravioli stained face

kind of photographer! 

I like to capture 

REAL life

as it happens!



I picture sessions where I show up and just follow my clients around and take pictures of bath time, reading books, snuggle time, maybe a pillow fight.  I stress out over the posed family pictures the most...and I love the unplanned ones once the session is over the best.

I was watching my 2 year old the other day struggle not to fall in the potty and thought "Oh, that would make a great photo, her little feet so far off the ground and her Dora panties and pants scrunched up around her knees".  I still haven't taken it yet, but luckily she is asleep so I can't do it now.  That I will cherish the day her feet actually touch the ground :)  

I took my kids to get ice cream the other day just so I could take pictures (oh and preview a place I have been dying to do a photo shoot at).  My son even got in trouble at school that day for not being very nice to a little girl...and I took them for ice cream anyways! 


I totally risked my children's lives the other day getting this shot.  They are standing on the edge of a bridge that only holds up a big pipe (that you can see there on the left) and if they took about 5 steps back they would have plummeted into the Chattahoochee 
River and been wisked down stream never to be seen again.  
Any my cutest little boy even picked that pose him self!  


I took my daughter to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens all for the sake of photos.  It was all about me!! Well it was the Friday before Mother's Day so it was all about me right??  Love, love, love the expression on her face.  She had seen some birds and was clapping to them to come over to her.
All I know is that I absolutely LOVE what I do...to the point that I don't even care about making money doing it, I just love it!  I am up too late, think too much about it, and am obsessed with learning all I can learn!  I just wish I did it years ago!  Thank you to my kids who inspired my creativity!

No comments: